Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Schneider- aka the you tagged me list


I was reading Clyde's blog and it would seem that he tagged me....so here you go.
6 Random Things About Me:

1) Napkins....gotta have em. I rarely ever eat anything, even if it is one chip or a piece of candy without having a napkin in hand. I feel like any piece of food I put in my mouth leaves a residue either in my hand or on my mouth and I have this overarching need to wipe my mouth...sometimes excessively. Then, long after the "meal" is over, you can often find me still clenching my napkin in a tight fist....that is of course if it hasn't made it to my pocket....the other place I like to store them. Sometimes at the end of the day, when I am emptying my pockets, you can find up to a few napkins in there.

2) I hate walking around without socks on. Some people live barefoot...no sir...not for me. I love having something covering my feet...my feet get too cold without them. Usually I keep my shoes on or do the Mr. Roger's routine and convert to slippers when I walk through the front door. Bedtime....I shed them right?? Wrong...never go to bed without them.

3) I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day. Okay okay...that isn't true, it's a quote from Michael Scott off of The Office...it was a good quote though.

4) I have a huge sweet tooth. If you know me, you have probably seen me down many a pint of ice cream in my day. I usually eat a huge bowl of ice cream every night. You know when you just need something sweet... I have been in that situation before with no cookies, ice cream, or candy at hand. My wife once walked into the kitchen during one of these moments and found me eating spoonfuls of assorted sprinkles. When times are tough, you must improvise.

5) I am a self diagnosed narcoleptic. Though not so bad any more, during my college days, I have instantaneously fallen asleep in very weird situations. A few of my favorites (proudest) are: I have fallen asleep on the garage floor while changing the oil in my car, in a closet at a beach house in Florida after driving for 14 hours (slept good too....took people a couple of hours to find me), in the middle of eating dinner (fell asleep in mid-chew....woke up a few minutes later to find a soggy piece of pizza half chewed in my mouth....I swallowed it), at the wheel of my car (no comment), underneath a Foosball table with a house full of guests, and even fell asleep in mid sentence.....I started the sentence, nodded off, woke up and finished the sentence.....Priceless.

6) When people ask me what I like to do for fun, among other things, I always include Kayaking. The problem with that is that I have never once gone kayaking nor know anything about it. I have been canoing and white water rafting, but never kayaking....I just know that I will love it when I try it...and I will try it. **UPDATE** I have since gone kayaking....just a few weeks ago with Lubbers while in Bar Harbor, Maine.

There's my list. Could have added many more random facts about me, but we will stop there. Now to continue this tagging sensation.....I tag:

Mike Stecher- everyone else has and he hasn't done anything yet...
Justin Hall
Ian Lubbers
My Wife- you can comment here if you want
Your Wife- all wives of readers can apply
Feldhues- cause he hasn't written on his blog in over a year and I don't expect that he will read this....

All you have to do is write a blog post of 6 random things about you.
If you don't have a blog (Cari) post them in the comments on here.

No comments:

ShareThis