Thursday, April 17, 2008

Consuming Church

Haven't been much in the writing mood lately....sorry to all of my fans (or lack thereof). I've been more in the reading mood. Here is an interesting article I read written by Margaret Manning (from Ravi Zacharias International Ministry).

I suppose its beginning was long before the end of World War II. Indeed, I suspect that its beginning grows out of human hearts since time began. But this pervasive influence has perhaps not been felt as powerfully as it has in the last fifty years of the twentieth century. What is this pervasive influence to which I am referring? I am referring to the influence of consumerism. And the influence of consumerism is not simply an insidious force “out there” in the world, but its reach goes deep into our church and our Christian lives in no less... (continue)

No comments:

ShareThis